Fresh Produce Stock ControlAl Adminorama
Published on: June 26, 2018
Fresh produce stock control: Your opportunity for maximum traceability and efficiency starts when fresh produce is delivered. Apply fresh produce labeling and use bar code traceability.
FarmSoft provides extensive fresh produce stock control of incoming fresh produce & fruit/vegetables from the very moment it is delivered to the pack shed. Comprehensive Fresh Produce Stock Control is delivered via labeling, movement tracking, temperature control, quality control, documentation, and registration of incoming produce – all of which is essential in creating a strong traceability audit trail. FarmSoft provides comprehensive Fresh Produce Stock Control for fruit, vegetable, hop, grain, flower, and other fresh produce.
Easily allocate traceability information for all inventory, allowing rapid recalls and traceability processes to meet the highest international food safety standards. Simple stock-take processes ensure continual accuracy of stock-take information across the entire farm. This minimizes shrinkage and waste, and ensures high levels of inventory accountability.
Download the FarmSoft Packhouse Software brochure or watch the fruit packing video.
FarmSoft has a wide array of fresh produce management features, implement only the features and benefits required for your business:
Easy inventoryStorage & dispatch of fresh produce has never been easier. Easy stock takes, always know inventory location. FIFO & 3D storage. Unlimited warehouses & storage locations.
Orders made easyManage sales orders, sales contracts, batch orders / work orders, analyse production requirements and more..
Traceability enforcedRapid and accurate traceability reduces business financial risk and makes audits easy. Reduces the cost of compliance.
Easy pallet controlManage unlimited pallets, and pallet types (eg: chep, wood, plastic). Track pallet types on sales and exports, label and track.
Bar code inventory labelsGenerate GS1 and over 40 other labels, bar code inventory control using reader/PDA/tablet. Scan to move pallets and inventory
Easy picking & dispatchPick orders to customer specs, monitor order progress, print correct paperwork for each customer, shipping container management, export documentation.
Easy to record packing dataBatch management of inputs, washing, sorting, grading, packing and processing. Repack and maintain traceability
Manufacturing & value addTrack and trace all inputs from multiple suppliers, BOM, GMP, labor, packaging materials, batch quality, batch costs and more
Quality control made easyPerform QC from tablet/pda/smartphone/PC/Mac. Configure internal tests, customer QC, QMS, HACCP, USDA, Tesco, Woolworths, Aldi, Coles, ISO, and other tests.
Easy compliance!HACCP, BRC, ISO, GlobalGAP, EurepGAP, CanGAP, and even de-facto standards can easily be enforced with FarmSoft…
User friendly and intuitiveFarmSoft’s easy to use interface shows users only what they need to see to get their job done quickly and efficiently
FarmSoft can be tailored to meet your needsTailor FarmSoft to meet your exact needs, not the other way around. Quick, and inexpensive to perform. Talk to a consultant today about your requirements.
Fresh Produce Stock Control
- Receive fresh produce from your own farms, co-operative farmers, wholesalers, and importers/exporters – whilst maintaining the same high level of traceability regardless of the origin
- Label all incoming fresh produce with unique identifiers that incorporate human readable information such as supplier/origin, fruit & vegetable description, harvest date, delivery date, delivery company, initial storage location, plot/block/crop origins – apply Produce Traceability Initiative / PTI style labels and more…
- Apply bar code labels (which include human readable information as above) to produce to increase the accuracy of inventory management and allow bar-code reading from mobile devices
- Record multiple levels of traceability, one up one down is the minimum, FarmSoft goes further and allows tracking of origin two levels down the supply chain (instead of just one level as is supported by other solutions), providing a truly unique extra level of traceability management
- Describe product upon arrival, including quality, grade, color, size, and more, using ‘features’ that are configured for your businesses requirements.
- Generate receipts for delivery of produce from external farms or suppliers
- Associate deliveries with existing Purchase Orders
- Assign ownership of incoming produce to customers (ie: if you are packing the goods on behalf of another company)
- Manage fresh produce of any type, from fruit and vegetables, to seafood and other meats
- Record the cost of incoming produce, or have it inherited from a Purchase Order
- Easily assign incoming produce to storage areas, for long or short term storage
- Incoming produce can be packed immediately, or stored for any period and packed to order when necessary
- Track details of transport companies immediately upon delivery of fresh produce
- Record expiry dates (where required) for incoming inventory
- Perform regular Quality Control tests at any step during the delivery, storage, processing, washing, packing, or sales & dispatch phases.
Better traceability and
reduced waste starts with comprehensive fresh produce stock control
Reference: Post harvest handling, Post harvest management solutions, Post harvest technology, Post harvest waste reduction system, Post harvest fresh produce handling guidelines, FarmSoft delivers solutions designed to increase profit, traceability software, and quality.