Chili processing & manufacturing software
Increase profit & reduce fresh produce waste today!Book free demo
The farmsoft post harvest business management solution can be used for chili processing, to make chili powder, crushed chili, chili oil, and other chili value added products.
Extremely pleased with farmsoft and the customer service
As the Food safety director for our company, the addition of farmsoft to our business has made the audit process and record keeping one less thing to worry about. We have reduced certain audit processes by half the time it took us before having farmsoft. Traceability and Mock recalls are a breeze now. farmsoft delivers everything and more than the other Post Harvest software's out there. Highly, Highly recommend farmsoft.
Armando Covarrubias, DIRECTOR FOOD SAFETY, SAN MARTIN ENTERPRISES, NEW MEXICO
Focus on a farmsoft chili grower and processor
Since 1970, Covarrubias Farms (Arrey, New Mexico) has been producing some of New Mexico's finest fresh chili products. A family started and run business, the farming division has created a new chili processing company.
FARMSOFT CLIENT PROFILE
San Martin & red chili
San Martin specializes in dehydrated red chili offering a range of different products. All our red chili is locally sourced from our own farm and approved suppliers here in the Hatch Valley and Northern Mexico to fulfill the processing needs to meet our customer demands. From the farm, the red chili travels to our facility located here in Arrey (Hatch Valley) where it is processed and packaged to our customer specifications.
Today San Martin offers a range of different products to meet the increasing demand from our customers. Our primary products include Whole Red Chili Pods and Crushed Red Chili and Paprika but have recently broken into the Red Chili/Paprika Powder and Caribe Sector. Our goal is to provide each of our customers a product tailored to their needs and specifications.
Safe, Wholesome Products
Our products are distributed throughout the US to various customers such as distributors, food service industry, re-packers, and major spice companies. From the beginning our objective has always been to provide our customers a safe, pure, wholesome and high quality product (Food Safety & Quality).
Our Food Safety and Quality Control Departments are very diligent to ensure that all processed and packed product meets not only our very high expectations but the expectation and specifications of our customers. Our facility follows Good Manufacturing Practices, HACCP, GFSI food safety based system and annually 3rd Party Audited under the PrimusGFS scheme.
Software solution to manage chili powder manufacturing, chili paste, chili sauce, crushed chili, powdered chili processing, and chili oil manufacturing , reduce chili waste, improve chili traceability, ensure accurate & timely chili orders. Chili dehydrating, chili manufacturing, chili processing, chili oil manufacturing, chili whole red chili pods, crushed chili , chili powder, paprika powder, caribe.
Use farmsoft to manage the chili dehydration, processing, powering, chili crushing, and packing process.
Reduce waste during chili powder manufacturing processes. Maintaining the highest levels of food safety and traceability, from New York to New Mexico (Hatch Valley & Northern Mexico).
Our chili processing clients use farmsoft and the latest chili processing technology to produce high quality chili products with superior traceability and food standards.
Perform instant chili recalls and audits both up and down the supply chain with farmsoft, for fresh chili, powdered chili, and crushed chili.
Chili inventory management is made easy and efficient with optional chili inventory bar-coding, easy chili stock-takes and multi-site management of your chili stores and inventory.
Chili dehydrating, chili rack drying and storage can be managed in farmsoft using chili batch management, giving you maximum chili traceability both up and down the supply chain. Plan your chili manufacturing processes using farmsoft's chili production and projection dashboard. Project required chili to manufacture each order and schedule chili manufacturing and inventory requirements in seconds. New farmsoft is full of features to manage chili processing, chili oil manufacturing, chili whole red chili pods, crushed chili, chili powder, paprika powder, caribe.
Chilies produced using traditional practices are liable to quantitative and qualitative deterioration that ultimately results into economic losses to the growers and the exporters. Moreover the occurrence of toxins in the produce has an impact on the health of consumers. Chili processing software aims to provide safe and better quality chilies to consumers by adopting modern and systematic methods of processing. It also aims to protect whole and powdered chilies from contamination of toxic chemicals of health concern by bringing improvements in storage, processing and marketing procedures. The course will develop expertise among different stake holders in chili processing by providing them specific training, keeping in view their job requirements.
* Select healthy and appropriate whole chilies for processing
* Recognize the damaged chilies in a lot at the time of procurement
* Inspect and select the sites for storage of chilies and store the whole chilies (raw material) and chili powder (finished product) using recommended procedures
* Perform milling of whole chilies as per SOPs
* Monitor the chili during storage for insect pest and to control them using appropriate procedures
* Select the appropriate packaging material for whole chilies and chili powder
* Pack the finished product (whole or powder) by using appropriate material and procedure
* Assure the quality of chilies throughout the processing and packaging stages.
* Hybrid varieties
* Healthy pods/seeds
* Damaged pods/seeds
* Shriveled pods
* Discolored pods
* Effect of procurement of good quality of chilies on the quality of finished product
* Procedure to determine the proportion of healthy pods in the offered consignment
* Physical examination of chilies
* Role of moisture in chili quality
* Role of aflatoxin in chili supply chain
* Role of chili color in chili quality
* Role of pungency in chili quality
* Permissible limits of aflatoxin in various countries and prevailing situations
* Impact of mixing of damaged pods with healthier pods
* Knowledge about various chili markets
Identify different varieties of chilies
* Recognize the sub types of chili variety „Dandi cut‟
* Recognize hybrid varieties of chilies
* Calculate the proportion of different sub types of Dandi
cut chilies within a chili lot
* Distinguish between normal and damaged pods
* Identify shriveled chili pods
* Recognize the chilies that are fungal infested,
physically damaged, discolored etc
* Calculate the proportion of normal pods in a lot
* Calculate the proportion of each type of damaged pods
in a lot
* Calculate the cost analysis of chilli lot
Type of chilies and their suitability for chili processing:
* Introduction to different types of samplers and dividers
* Random sampling for obtaining representative sample
* Importance of randomized chili sampling
* Equipment requirement and their use for sampling
Basic requirements of chilli for processing:
* Important components of a chilli analysis report
* Interpretation of chili analysis report
* Importance of correct labelling
* Knowledge about sampling bags
* Storage of chili samples to conserve moisture and other parameters
* Impact of physical observation during selection of lot
* Determination of moisture content
* Determination of aflatoxin in chili supply chain
* Determination of color in chili quality
* Determination of pungency in chili quality
* Select the sampling bag
* Label the sample to include the information like date of
sampling, sample collector name, chili lot identity etc.
* Prepare representative samples
* Seal the sample to protect and preserve the sample
* Ascertain the quality of chili pods offered for procurement by undertaking physical observation or examination
Perform moisture test using portable moisture tester or get the moisture tested from laboratory:
* Perform aflatoxin test using portable aflatoxin tester or get it analysed from laboratory
* Calculate the proportion of foreign matter in chili lot
* Perform pungency test or get it tested from laboratory
* Perform color test by visual examination or get it tested
Differentiation between old and new chili crops:
* Impact of mixing of old and new crop
* Characteristics of good quality chillies
* Basic requirement for the selection of good quality chilies
* Trends of chili market
* Distinguish between damaged and normal pods
* Difference between pure and hybrid chili varieties
* Personnel characteristics required at the time of selection of chili lot
* Calculation of cost effectiveness of chili lot at the time of selection
* Selection of suitable chili lot on the basis of following:
- Proportion of damaged pods
- Percentage of foreign matters
- Proportion of sub
- Offered price
- Shrivelled pods
- Moisture content
- Aflatoxin levels
Chili processing & manufacturing software
Software solution to manage chili powder manufacturing, crushed chili, powdered chili processing, and chili oil manufacturing.
Chili processing solutions for chili powder / crushed chili / chili oil manufacturing:
Flexible chili processing quality control software can be used to reduce the incorrect categorization of chili processing as waste, leading to higher pack shed profits and more consistent quality, with improved customer satisfaction. Farmsoft manages chili processing businesses from end to end, providing a comprehensive chili processing business management solution.
Reduce chili processing losses by QC analysis of produce that has been discarded as “waste” to ensure waste product is indeed within the specification of waste.
Manage customer complaints for chili processing: track comments, customer feedback, photos, and resolutions provided when a complaint is made. Trace complaints back to the supplier or your own block/crop/patch/batch.
Supplier quality management: monitor and manage quality from each supplier, receive supplier quality alerts, track quality issues back to suppliers batches, plots, and blocks.
Configure unlimited quality control programs, including specific programs for produce, variety, customer, or finished product. Built in flexibility to add your own fields and options to tests as required.
Tests can be for almost anything, such as testing incoming produce, outgoing produce, pre pack, pre graded produce, factory cleanliness test, employee performance, task quality control etc. You can define the subject (thing) that you are testing as virtually anything.
Each test can be a pass/fail, or value range style test (ie: where results must be within the range of two numbers, or above or below a number), weighted score, or percent of sample. Automatically send alerts to selected employees if a specific test fails or passes (a copy of the entire test results are sent with the email in a PDF). Attach photos to the test (via your tablet, smartphone, or PC) and to the criteria for instruction.
Tests can give users suggested “corrective actions” when there is a quality failure. Manually put produce on hold for further inspection Each quality control program can be configured to have unlimited categories, each category can have unlimited tests (criteria). Set the number of tests to make the entire test program fail. Set individual tests to make an entire test program fail. Set the number of chili tests in a Category to make the entire test program fail. Configure unlimited “classes” and “features” that can be assigned to inventory. Users can select images for close ups and open documents attached to the test criteria, this is used to ensure chili quality officers always have access to the correct documentation for their work.
Chili powder (also powdered chili, chile powder or chilli powder) is the dried, pulverized fruit of one or more varieties of chili pepper, sometimes with the addition of other spices (also sometimes known as chili powder blend). It is used as a spice to add pungency or piquancy and flavor to dishes. In American English, the name is usually spelled “chili”.
In British English the spelling “chilli” (with two “l”s) is used consistently.Chili powder is sometimes known by the specific type of chili pepper used (such as cayenne pepper). It is used in many different cuisines, including Tex-Mex, Indian, Chinese, Thai, and Korean.
Chili powder blend is composed chiefly of chili peppers and blended with other spices including cumin, oregano, garlic powder, and sometimes salt. The chilis are most commonly either red chili peppers or cayenne peppers, which are both of the species Capsicum annuum; many types of hot pepper may be used, including ancho, jalapeño, New Mexico, and pasilla chilis. As a result of the various potential additives, the spiciness of any given chili powder is variable.
Chili powder blends are especially popular in American cuisine, where they are the primary flavor ingredient in chili con carne. The first commercial blends of chili powder in the U.S. were created by D.C. Pendery and William Gebhardt for this dish. Gebhardt opened Miller’s Saloon in New Braunfels, Texas. Chili was the town’s favorite dish. However, chili peppers could only be found at certain times of the year. Gebhardt imported some ancho peppers from Mexico and ran the peppers through a small meat grinder three times and created the first commercial chili powder, which became available in 1894.
As a powder equipment manufacturing experts, Fujian Fengli has a professional manufacturing and processing advantages, the production of chili ultrafine grinding mill mainly consist of main frame, feeder, classifier, blower, pipe fittings, storage hopper, electronic control system and other components, you can efficiently processing 100–2500 mesh high-quality powder, greatly meet the needs of different fineness of the product market, is the ideal equipment for chili processing.
[Maximum size of feed]: ≤10mm
[Production capacity]: 0.5–5t/h
[Finished Fineness]: 100–2500mesh
[Features]: 1.Built-in separation mechanism-preventing over-grinding. 2.Able to produce uniform granules of required sizes by adjusting the speed of the stage-separation wheel(s) or by adjusting the strength of the blower(s). 3.Powerful blowing and strong self-cooling capability, suitable for grinding heat-sensitive materials. 4.Different grinding accessories/devices are used according to the hardness of the material being ground; different types of materials (alloyed carbon steel, stainless steel, ceramics etc) are available for the Machine’s inner linings and product extracting system, meeting the needs of different industries. 5.Both manual and programmable auto-controlled machines available.
[Focus areas]: Focus on chili, ginger, starch, cocoa, rosehip, salt, sugar etc ultra-fine processing and grinding, the equipment with a number of countries patented technology, performance reached the national leading level.